Question: How often do traffic accidents happen in Virginia?
Answer: In 2007 there was an average of one crash every 3.61 minutes.
That is according to a report by the Virginia Highway Safety Office. The same report estimates that about one in every twenty licensed drivers was involved in a traffic accident that year.
Car crashes happen so often, but many of us don’t know how to react.
What should you do if you’ve been involved in an auto accident in Virginia?
- Call for help: make sure the police and medical help are on their way
- Collect information: take pictures, write down everything you remember, talk to witnesses and ask them to file a report
- Start the insurance process: file a claim and make sure you have the other driver’s insurance information
- Get a lawyer: an attorney can help to guide you and protect you during this process
Wayne O’Bryan left a large firm and started his Richmond law office in order to fully serve his Richmond and Southside Virginia clients. Wayne understands that you need your case resolved quickly and correctly so you can return to a rewarding life.
Wayne listens to his clients’ stories and provides real guidance to the victims of car, truck, or motorcycle accidents. He knows the law in Virginia, and he knows and respects his clients.
Were t-boned on Broad Street in downtown Richmond
Were injured in a head-on collision on the Jefferson Davis Highway
Fractured your clavicle when your SUV rolled over on the Richmond Petersburg Turnpike
Were thrown from your motorcycle on the Mechanicsville Turnpike
Were rear-ended in a traffic jam on Route 60
Wayne O’Bryan can help!
Question: Can you improve your chances of avoiding a car wreck?
Check the local traffic report
Heavy traffic and hazards in the Richmond metro area mean more distractions for drivers and more accidents.
Avoid detours and damage on rural roads by checking your route ahead of time.
Studies have shown that lack of sleep and even moderate amounts of alcohol can negatively affect driving performance in healthy young men.
Stress can make your driving worse, especially for older people, according to one study.
You don’t know the condition of the other drivers on the road, so keep your eyes open.
Follow the rules
If you follow traffic laws, you are less likely to be in an accident.
If you are following the rules, you are less likely to be found at fault for a wreck.If you live in the Richmond, VA or Southside Virginia area.If your or your loved one has been injured in an auto accident.If you or a loved one has been the victim of a crash due to the negligence of other drivers.
Please contact Wayne O’Bryan, he’ll provide you with a copy of his essential book, Hidden Inside Secrets Insurance Companies Don’t Want You to Know About Your Injury Case. You may also call (800) 368-6496, extension 4120 – 24 hours a day. In his book, Wayne explains how the insurance company will:
- try to blame the accident on you.
- try to keep you from gaining valuable information about your rights.
- string you along for as long as they can – so you will not do the things necessary to protect your legal rights
You need this valuable information before speaking with an insurance adjuster!
Wayne O’Bryan has lived his life dedicated to service. Wayne understands how important each case is to each client. You won’t have to travel just to get an update from your lawyer. Wayne O’Bryan is available to his clients by phone and mail, day and night, because he cares about your success.
More Auto Accident Resources:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How much is my accident worth?
- Will my insurance premium rates go up if I make a claim against an uninsured driver or motorist?
- How do I pay my medical bills after an accident? Do I wait for the other person’s insurance company to pay the bills? Aren’t they responsible?
- Do cars and trucks in Virginia have to be insured in case of accidents?
- What should I do if I am in a car or truck accident?
- Driven to Safety [PDF]
- Richmond Auto Accidents: First Steps Are Critical to Avoid Wrecking Your Case Before it Starts. In a Richmond, VA accident it is important to start your case on the right foot. Tips to help you maximize your accident injury claim.
- Richmond Virginia Car Insurance Buying Tips
- National Drowsy Driving Prevention Week
- Biller vs. Toyota Lawsuit [PDF]
- Legal Malpractice in an accident injury case [PDF]
- 7 Myths about Car Safety | Virginia accident lawyer injury attorney
- What You Need to Know About Car Accident Insurance Settlements
- Richmond, Virginia Ranked in Top Ten Deadliest Cities For Teen Auto Crashes
- Car accidents and truck wrecks | Richmond, Virginia personal injury lawyer Wayne O’Bryan
- What You Should Ask Your Auto Accident Injury Lawyer | Richmond, Virginia personal injury attorney Wayne O’Bryan
- Ollie: How can this be happening to me? | Richmond, Virginia personal injury lawyer Wayne O’Bryan
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage – Do you have enough? | Richmond, Virginia personal injury lawyer Wayne O’Bryan
- Dion’s Story a Children’s Bike Accident Wayne O’Bryan got a Fair Claim from the Insurance Adjuster
O’Bryan Law Firm is located in Richmond, VA, and serves the following counties, cities and towns:
Richmond: Church Hill, The Fan District, Near West end, Far West End, Jackson Ward, Carver, Southside, North side, Barton Heights, Bellevue, Ginter Park, Washington Park, Hermitage Rd, Highland Park, Sherwood Park, East End, Carytown, Museum District, Court End, Fulton Hill, Manchester, Newtowne West, Oregon Hill, Randolph, The River District, Shockoe Bottom, Three Corners District, Tobacco Row, Shockoe Slip, Union Hill, Westover Hills, Forest Hill, Bon Air, Stratford Hills, Meadowbrook, Woodland Heights, Montrose Heights, Fairfield Court, Creighton Court, Whitcomb Court, Mosby Court, Eastview, Brauers, Peter Paul, Woodville, North Church Hill, Chimborazo, Brandermill, and Oakwood. Henrico County: Chamberlayne, Dumbarton, East Highland Park, Glen Allen, Highland Springs, Lakeside, Laurel, Montrose, Short Pump, Tuckahoe, Wyndham, Sandston, Varina, Westhampton. Chesterfield County: Bellwood, Belmont, Bon Air, Brandermill, Chester, Courthouse, Enon, Ettrick, Genito, Gordon, Harrowgate, Hening, Jefferson Davis North, Manchester, Matoaca, Meadowbrook, Midlothian, Reams, Robiou, Rockwood, Salisbury, South Rockwood, Spring Run, Winterpock, Woodlake. Hanover County: Ashland, Atlee, Beaverdam, Doswell, Elmont, Hanover Courthouse, Mechanicsville, Montpelier, Old Church, Rockville. Petersburg. South Boston. Colonial Heights. Hopewell. South Hill. Farmville. Powhatan County: Ballsville, Beaumont, Belona, Chestnut Oaks, Clayville, Dorset, Fin Creek Mills, Flat Rock, Genito, Goode Crossing, Hatchers, Hideaway Lake, Holly Hills, Huguenot, Huguenot Springs, Jefferson, Lilburn, Macon, Michaux, Moseley, Pilkinton, Plain View, Powhatan, Provost, Red Lane, Smiths Crossroads, Subletts, Tobaccoville, Trenholm, Worshams. Amelia County: Amelia Courthouse, Winterham. Caroline County: Bowling Green, Port Royal Mecklenburg County: Boydton, Brodnax, Chase City, Clarksville, La Crosse, Bracey. Halifax County: Clarksville, Halifax, Scottsburg, Virginia, Clover, Cluster Springs, Cody, Nathalie, Omega, Turbeville, Vernon Hill. Lunenburg County: Kenbridge, Victoria, Lunenburg, Meherrin. Prince Edward County: Farmville, Pamplin City, Prospect, Hampden Sydney, Meherrin, Rice. Nottaway County: Blackstone, Burkeville, Crewe, Nottoway.