What Should You Know Before Meeting With a Richmond Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been involved in an auto wreck, you can benefit from hiring a car accident lawyer to help you with your case. An experienced lawyer usually stays updated on current laws and can help communicate with police authorities and insurance companies regarding the accident. This will help alleviate any pressure or stress on your part. It’s already enough to deal with any injuries that you may have suffered!
Your initial consultation with a lawyer will involve many questions regarding the circumstances and events surrounding the car accident. So what information will you need to know before you meet with your lawyer? Here are a few things to think about and prepare:
- What was the exact location of the accident and what was the road like (wet, bumpy, potholes, etc.) on that day?
- Did you take any photographs of the accident? If so, bring them with you to the meeting. Also, if you have any, also bring photographs of your car before the accident.
- Were there any witnesses or other parties involved in the accident? Write down all their names and telephone numbers. If another party was involved, bring their insurance information.
- If you went to the hospital or saw a chiropractor after the accident, what diagnosis or treatments did you receive? What symptoms are you experiencing at the moment?
- How extensive are the damages to your vehicle? Have you already received an estimate for damages from an auto mechanic?
Any and all paperwork pertaining to your accident should be brought to the meeting with your lawyer. This will help the process of collecting information and filing a claim go much smoother and quicker. The more information you have, the better.
During the meeting, your lawyer should be able to tell if your case has potential and whether or not there is sufficient evidence to prove that the other driver acted negligently. Your lawyer should also give you an idea of how long your case will take to be completed.
Finding the right person to help you with your case is an important step to consider. You deserve to be represented by a professional personal injury lawyer who will protect your rights and ensure that you receive a fair settlement for the pain and suffering, loss of wages, and damages to your vehicle. A lawyer who specializes in these types of cases will help you investigate the accident, fill out all the insurance paperwork, and if necessary, assemble together expert witnesses if your case does go to court.